Wednesday 8 May 2013

We're Jammin'

 I have made JAM!!



What else can you do with almost on the turn strawberries?

I used:

200g chopped up strawberries
200g granulated sugar
4 tbsp lemon juice
and just for fun-
1 tbsp apple wheat grain liqueur (I put this in pretty much everything at the moment... mmm. apple and bacon risotto!!)

I made this up, and wasn't paying much attention to the timings. Again. But at least nothing burnt this time!

Place strawbs and sugar into a non stick pan - mush them together a bit.
Heat on a low hob for a couple of minutes, then add the liquid.
Stir together (mushing again)
Continue to heat on low until the sugar melts, stirring regularly.
Increase the heat to boil the mix, boil for 10 minutes, or until it thickens. (keep an eye out for it boiling over the pan!)
Leave to cool before transferring to a sterilised jar.


why are you on a squiff...?
I gave up on photos... blogger wasn't behaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment